@ElliotBlair_ reached out to me on twitter and asked me if Bryan Callen and I had thought about introducing a belt system for Mixed Mental Arts. We actually hadn’t until Elliot suggested it. Standing on Elliot’s shoulders, here’s what I’m suggesting for the white belt: accept that you and everyone else who has ever lived is in a cargo cult. Longtime listeners of The Bryan Callen Show will be familiar with the story of the cargo cults. If you know the story, then feel free to skip the next paragraph. If you’re not, then here it is: In short, on islands across the South Pacific, there were humans who in the 20th Century had not had contact with the wider world for thousands of years. They were using stone tools. Suddenly, a large number of aircraft began flying overhead which for tribesmen who had never seen metal must have been utterly mindblowing. Even more mindblowing was that scattered throughout the jungle they found large crates of provisions that they came to find out were called cargo. Inside these crates of cargo were metal tools that unlike stone tools never seemed to go dull and tins of incredibly calorie rich food. Understandably, the tribesmen wanted more of this cargo and so they crept through the forest to find more of it. There, they discovered an the nesting place of the giant metal...Read More
Month: October 2016
- Ep 355 - Learning Through Adversity: Howard Bloom June 18, 2018Howard Bloom developed chronic fatigue syndrome in 1988. That didn't stop him from writing a bunch of books. His most recent book is How I Accidentally Started the Sixties, which is a memoir.
- Ep 354 - Talking Creativity and Corgis with Allen Gannett June 11, 2018Allen Gannett is the author of The Creative Curve: How to Develop the Right Idea, at the Right Time and he helps debunk genius myths. That's why Hunter likes him. That's why Bryan likes him. We hope you like him too. Also, Allen loves corgis. Be sure to go to https://mixedmentalarts.online/, support us on Patreon, use our Amazon affiliate, […]
- Ep 353 - A New Song and Dance: Ken Gordon and Adam Hansen June 4, 2018Adam Hansen and Ken Gordon are innovation guys. They also like to sing songs and enjoy the finer things in life. Their beards make the world a better place.
- Ep 352 - Real Science, Bro: Dr. Layne Norton May 28, 2018Layne Norton is an expert in nutrition. He's also an elite powerlifter and a professional body builder. In the continuing journey of sorting the wheat from the chaff, Bryan and Hunter learn about how to eat for performance.
- Ep 351 - Found in Translation: Magdalena Edwards May 21, 2018Magdalena Edwards is Bryan Callen's neighbor. She's also a translator.