I happen to be black. I found out what that meant in North American culture in my undergrad. I remember a discussion I had with a fellow student at the time, about why African-American students were not doing too well academically; why I never really saw other black people in the library where I worked. She explained the historical mechanisms of prejudice and because I grew up overseas, I was never subject to those same prejudices. And so, I would never understand. I’m not really black. I didn’t share in black culture. I arrived with my own culture...Read More
Author: Kamar Thomas
- Ep 361- Dan Siegel December 10, 2018
- Ep 360: Tiger, Father of the Victorious: Nemr Abou Nassar September 7, 2018
- Ep 359- El Profesor: Sebastian Edwards August 22, 2018
- Ep 358 - Reporting on Palestine: Wajahat Ali July 30, 2018Stay tuned until the end for some information on the re-renaming of the show to the Bryan Callen Show.
- Ep 357 - Ancient Chinese Secrets: Edward Slingerland July 22, 2018