A term from innovation research. When there are a certain set of technologies, or puzzle pieces, it’s inevitable that someone will assemble them to create the “next step” or adjacent possible. This is also why independent reinvention happens. Newton and Leibniz invent calculus at roughly the same time. Darwin and Wallace both come up with the theory of evolution by natural selection. Pick any invention and you’ll find that often people invented it at the same time. Why? That was the adjacent possible for that era. That’s how high the pyramid of hobbits had been built. Understanding this concept is useful for taking the mystery out of innovation and realizing that you don’t have to worry about a hundred steps ahead. Focus on letting the path ahead reveal itself.
- Ep 361- Dan Siegel December 10, 2018
- Ep 360: Tiger, Father of the Victorious: Nemr Abou Nassar September 7, 2018
- Ep 359- El Profesor: Sebastian Edwards August 22, 2018
- Ep 358 - Reporting on Palestine: Wajahat Ali July 30, 2018Stay tuned until the end for some information on the re-renaming of the show to the Bryan Callen Show.
- Ep 357 - Ancient Chinese Secrets: Edward Slingerland July 22, 2018