Culture can be defined in numerous ways. The organized set of beliefs, values, customs and behaviors that separate one group from another. Or in the words of anthropologist E.B. Tylor, it is “that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, custom and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society. “Alternatively, in a contemporary variant, “Culture is defined as a social domain that emphasizes the practices, discourses and material expressions, which, over time, express the continuities and discontinuities of social meaning of a life held in common. Basically it is everything that makes up an environment from external like clothes and food to the internal like beliefs and feeeeelings. Example: how one goes to the bathroom depends on which culture
- Ep 355 - Learning Through Adversity: Howard Bloom June 18, 2018Howard Bloom developed chronic fatigue syndrome in 1988. That didn't stop him from writing a bunch of books. His most recent book is How I Accidentally Started the Sixties, which is a memoir.
- Ep 354 - Talking Creativity and Corgis with Allen Gannett June 11, 2018Allen Gannett is the author of The Creative Curve: How to Develop the Right Idea, at the Right Time and he helps debunk genius myths. That's why Hunter likes him. That's why Bryan likes him. We hope you like him too. Also, Allen loves corgis. Be sure to go to https://mixedmentalarts.online/, support us on Patreon, use our Amazon affiliate, […]
- Ep 353 - A New Song and Dance: Ken Gordon and Adam Hansen June 4, 2018Adam Hansen and Ken Gordon are innovation guys. They also like to sing songs and enjoy the finer things in life. Their beards make the world a better place.
- Ep 352 - Real Science, Bro: Dr. Layne Norton May 28, 2018Layne Norton is an expert in nutrition. He's also an elite powerlifter and a professional body builder. In the continuing journey of sorting the wheat from the chaff, Bryan and Hunter learn about how to eat for performance.
- Ep 351 - Found in Translation: Magdalena Edwards May 21, 2018Magdalena Edwards is Bryan Callen's neighbor. She's also a translator.