One of those emotions that gets a bad rap but you wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for fear. Fear saves lives! If your ancestors didn’t react to snakes, spiders and hungry predators by pooping themselves to lighten the load and run away faster, you wouldn’t be here. Fear becomes problematic when it appears in the wrong context. As Hunter and Katie explain in The Straight-A Conspiracy, fear is the worst response to math. The last thing you want to do in the environment of math is become “so scared you can’t think.” By becoming aware of your emotional responses, you’ve taken the first step. You can spot the emotion, reflect on it and change your emotional response to that situation. How? Talk to yourself like some kind of crazy person. Self-talk is how we calm ourselves after a fight with a loved one and it’s how we talk ourselves into more helpful emotional states in the face of challenges.
- Ep 361- Dan Siegel December 10, 2018
- Ep 360: Tiger, Father of the Victorious: Nemr Abou Nassar September 7, 2018
- Ep 359- El Profesor: Sebastian Edwards August 22, 2018
- Ep 358 - Reporting on Palestine: Wajahat Ali July 30, 2018Stay tuned until the end for some information on the re-renaming of the show to the Bryan Callen Show.
- Ep 357 - Ancient Chinese Secrets: Edward Slingerland July 22, 2018