Naive realism is so powerful that when we are in a state of learned helplessness we really feel like we have no control over our own destinies. We literally see no options. In fact, we can be surrounded by lots of things we can do to help ourselves and not even realize it. Learned Helplessness is triggered by seeing our problems as permanent, pervasive and personal. “I just didn’t get the math gene” is a great example of a statement that triggers Learned Helplessness. We empower ourselves by re-framing the situation to give ourselves back control. We take the blame and the responsibility. “I am not getting a good grade in math because of the choices I’m making. By figuring out better choices, I can get better grades.”
- Ep 361- Dan Siegel December 10, 2018
- Ep 360: Tiger, Father of the Victorious: Nemr Abou Nassar September 7, 2018
- Ep 359- El Profesor: Sebastian Edwards August 22, 2018
- Ep 358 - Reporting on Palestine: Wajahat Ali July 30, 2018Stay tuned until the end for some information on the re-renaming of the show to the Bryan Callen Show.
- Ep 357 - Ancient Chinese Secrets: Edward Slingerland July 22, 2018