Although Jennifer Jacquet’s book “Is Shame Necessary?” focuses on how to use shame as a tool, it actually illustrates a much, much larger principle. Emotions aren’t good or bad. They’re tools and like all tools they can be used appropriately or inappropriately. There’s a job for a hammer and it’s driving in nails. If you use a hammer to clean your teeth, you’re going to have problems. The key with emotions is training them to be appropriate so you use the right emotion for the situation.
- Ep 361- Dan Siegel December 10, 2018
- Ep 360: Tiger, Father of the Victorious: Nemr Abou Nassar September 7, 2018
- Ep 359- El Profesor: Sebastian Edwards August 22, 2018
- Ep 358 - Reporting on Palestine: Wajahat Ali July 30, 2018Stay tuned until the end for some information on the re-renaming of the show to the Bryan Callen Show.
- Ep 357 - Ancient Chinese Secrets: Edward Slingerland July 22, 2018